What exciting opportunities await you at CDC?
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, DHHS is the nation’s premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world. These vacancies will be filledthrough OPM’sDirect Hire Authority. Veterans’ preference and traditional rating and ranking of all applicants does not apply to positions filled under this announcement.
As an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) you will:
Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service as defined in the next paragraphs. Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position.GS-12: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service which includes experience maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of automated data processing operating through performance of IT security and information assurance activities.
Conditions of Employment:1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.6. One-year probationary period may be required.7. Travel may be required: 5%8. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid:No9. Bargaining Unit Position: May be10. Drug Screening Required: May be11. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No12. Incumbent may be subjected to 24-hour on-call in the event of an emergency. This service may require irregular working hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include other than those specified in the major duties.
For more information on OPM’s authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit, http://www.opm.gov/employ/direct_hire/index.asp. Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.This vacancy will be filled through OPM’s Direct Hire Authority. All applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements normally will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for consideration.Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, July 25, 2014to receive consideration.
* To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
* Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
* It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
* To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
* To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact theAtlanta Customer HelpDesk (770) 488-1725; TTY/TDD (866) 539-4484; or email HRCS@CDC.GOV. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.